Today we will continue to explore the different drinking water filtration systems available to the general public by discussing briefly the specifics of a drinking water filtration system known as Ultraviolet Disinfection.
- Ultraviolet light waves generated by the system kill bacteria and other micro organisms as they pass through.
- You may find these systems under sinks and often times hooked up in series with some sort of activated carbon filter and/or a sediments screen.
- Ultraviolet disinfection systems typically do an excellent job of killing parasites and bacteria.
- Class-A ultraviolet disinfection systems protect against viruses and harmful bacteria.
- Class-B ultraviolet disinfection systems protect against forms of bacteria not typically responsible for causing diseases.