We recently received a number of request from Water Testing Blog readers to post a list of popular water quality topics so that they could keep tabs on ‘hot topics’ more easily. Not wanting to disappoint, we have decided to do this on a semi-regular basis.
Below you will find the most popular Water Testing Blog entries for the month of July 2009:
- Free Chlorine and Total Chlorine: In this chlorine-related water quality blog posting we discussed why some chlorine testing products such as Pool Check Test Strips work exceptionally well for swimming pools and spas, but do not offer the correct chlorine detection levels required for drinking water.
- Free, Total & Combined Chlorine: In this chlorine-related water quality testing blog entry we dicussed the differences between free chlorine, total chlorine, and combine chlorine as well as methods to test for each one.
- Dirty Pool Water Can Make You Sick: The title pretty mucha says it all. Just as with drinking water, failing to test pool water can allow dangerous forms of bacteria to grow, flourish, and possibly make a person sick. Remember: 1 in 5 American Adults Admits to Peeing in the Pool. Yuck!
- www.pool-water-test-kits.com: In this posting we brought this pool water test kits to your attention. It’s a fast, easy way to find the pool/spa testing supplies you need to keep your water crystal clear, safe, and enjoyable.
- Free Water Hardness Test Strips: Here we pointed people to Morton Salt Company and Diamond Salt Company web sites where they could order free water hardness test strips.
- DPD Tablets for Chlorine Testing: We always stress the importance of accurate chlorine testing and in this post we provided links to a web site where readers could find replacement DPD tablets and replacement DPD powder for their chlorine/bromine test kits.
- Water Filters for Hikers & Campers: For all those who enjoy going for long walks in the woods, camping in the mountains, mountain biking, or just having clean, safe drinking water to drink when away from home, we provided links to personal water filtration devices and systems from the Katadyne Company.
- Hardness Grains per Gallon vs. Parts per Million: Once again, the name says it all. What more can we say about this posting dealing with water hardness measurement scales.
- Chlorine Filters for Garden Hoses: One would think people already know that the same chlorinated water they filter in their homes goes in their gardens, too, but apparently not… so we provided links to water filters for garden hoses.
- www.pool-water-testing.com: Here we simply brought a site dedicated to testing pool water to the spotlight. Not much more to say really… other than go test your pool often!