Used by a number of relief organizations around the world when disaster strikes, The Doulton W9361122, SS-2 Gravity Fed Water Filter provides clean drinking water to communities that would otherwise go without. used by many of the world’s leading relief organizations to provide clean water in times of emergency.
While many other emergency water filters rely upon some sort of pump, manual or battery/electric powered, the Doulton W9361122, SS-2 Gravity Fed Water Filter uses naturally occurring gravity to pull unfiltered water through its 7″ Super Sterasyl Candles.
Simply pour untreated water into the top reservoir and allow it to travel through the unit’s ceramic filter candles. Gravity then pulls the filtered water into a lower reservoir where users may access it using a tap on the front of the system.
Features and Specifications of the Doulton SS2 “Pour-Through” Gravity Fed System:
- High Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- Requires No External Plumbing
- Compact and Easy to Operate
- Easily Converted to the SS-4, a unit which utilizes 4 ceramic filters instead of 2
- Dimensions: Assembled 8″ x 19″ / Stored 8″ x 13.5″
- Capacity: 12 GPD (with 2 filters) 24 GPD (with 4 filters)
- Upper Reservoir Holds 2.11 Gallons ( 8 liters ) Untreated Water
- Lower Reservoir Holds 2.11 Gallons (8 liters ) Treated Water
With regard to filtering capabilities, the Doulton W9361122, SS-2 Gravity Fed Water Filter reduces:
- Chlorine by 99.99%
- Cysts by 99.99%
- Organic Chemicals by 99.99%
- Parasites by 99.99%
- Particulates by 99.99%
- Pathogenic Bacteria (ie E. Coli, Cholera, Typhoid, etc.) by 99.99%
- Rust & Sediment by 99.99%
Compact and efficient, the SS2 Gravity FEd Water Filter makes the perfect addition to anyone’s emergency preparedness kit and ideal for apartments, boats, RV’s, and use while traveling.