While a quality reverse osmosis system DOES provide excellent protection against waterborne contaminants, including various forms of bacteria and cysts (i.e. Giardia and Cryptosporidium), use of a UV sterilizer system on water exiting a reverse osmosis system adds an extra level of protection against organics unmatched by any other readily available water purification method.
Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer Systems meet the most demanding needs of residential and commercial microorganism control — which sometimes proves difficult for traditional disinfectant methods given that microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. UV treatment systems for water accomplish the goal of disinfecting water faster than chlorine and without without cumbersome retention tanks filled w/ corrosive and potentially harmful chemicals.
Manufactured with axial flow reactors in 304 stainless steel for durability, the Crystal Quest Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer Systems incorporates natural ultraviolet light energy to damage the DNA of microbiological contaminants and in doing so kills them and/or renders them incapable of reproducing.
Applications for UV sterilization systems include post undersink water filters, post whole house water filters, water coolers, pre and post osmosis systems, private wells, camp grounds, hotels, bottlers, aquaculture, hospitals, food, cottages, restaurants, breweries, laboratories, marine, pharmaceutical, dairies and many other applications.
Advantages of Crystal Quest Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer Systems include:
- No need to add chemicals to the water which could form carcinogenic disinfection byproducts (DBP’s) like trihalomethanes (THM’s).
- Eliminates the need to store and handle dangerous chemicals.
- Requires only two water connections (in and out) and a power connection.
- UV sterilization typically does not alter the taste, odor, pH or conductivity or general chemistry of the water it treats.
- Works faster and more effectively against viruses than chlorine.
- Systems can treat hundreds of gallons of water for each penny of operating cost.
- Immediate treatment process eliminates need for holding tanks, long retention times, etc.
- Units operate automatically and require almost no attention.
- Most units require only periodic cleaning, if any cleaning at all, and annual lamp replacement.
Naturally you want to know what a unit like this costs, right? FilterWater.Com carries units rated for 1, 6, 8, and 12 gallons per minute GPM. Costs begin around $150 for the smallest unit and go up to around $543 for the largest unit.
What about replacement bulbs? How much will they cost? Good question! FilterWater.Com carries replacement bulbs for Crystal Quest UV Sterilizer Systems rated for 1, 6, 8, and 12 GPM.
Need a larger, more powerful UV Sterilization System? Take a look at the selection on WaterFilters.Net, another company that carries a great selection of water filter systems and replacement filter cartridges for residential and commercial water filtration applications.