Every once in a while we get a request for information related to testing pond water and aquarium water. Today we bring news of a product, AquariaTest™ Ammonia, that makes testing the ammonia levels in pond and aquarium water very easy.
Ammonia Aquarium and Pond test strips provide a water quality testing alternative to older testing methods which required the use of chemicals in liquid, powder, and/or tablet form. Ammonia AquariaTest™ also shortens testing times and makes it easy for anyone, novice or expert, to test the ammonia levels in their water.
As an added feature, the AquariaTest™ Ammonia will also work in salt (or brackish) water*.
How to test for ammonia in fresh water:
- Using supplied pipette, fill one of the supplied vials half full (3 ml) with water.
- Cap vial and shake for 30 seconds
- Remove cap and dip one test strip for 30 seconds with back and forth motion
- Remove the strip and match to the closest color on a chart
AquariaTest™ Ammonia Test Specifics:
- Ammonia Detection Range: 0, 0.2, 1.0, 2.0, 5.0
- Test Time: 1 minute
- Tests per Kit: 25 test strips
* — Instructions for testing ammonia levels in brackish and salt water included in the test kit.