Yesterday we talked about a device called the FM-2 Water Filter Monitor which uses 5 timers and a ‘volumizer’ to keep track of how long water filters have stayed in use.
Today we want to show you a quick and easy way to check the efficiency of your reverse osmosis water filtration system: The AP-1 AquaPro TDS/Temperature Meter makes checking to see if your reverse osmosis filter works properly a quick and painless process.
Simply test the TDS level of water before the filter and after the filter. If you do NOT see the TDS level drop dramatically after the filter, you have a problem with the filter system… and most likely need to change the RO filter.
Benefits and features of the AP-1 AquaPro TDS/Temperature Meter include:
- AP1 Measures TDS (total dissolved solids) and temperature
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC).
- Water resistant housing.
- Measuring range: 0-5000 ppm (parts per million)
- Digital calibration via push button.
- Auto-off and data holding functions. Low battery indicator
- Large and easy to read LCD display includes simultaneous TDS and temperature reading
- Comes factory calibrated with 342 ppm NaCl solution.
Throw in the fact that the meter costs less than $30 at FilterWater.Com, a leading online distributor of water quality filters and drinking water test kits, and you have found yourself an easy and inexpensive way to test the working status of your reverse osmosis water filter system.