NSF/ANSI Standard 44:
Many have asked the difference between the different types of drinking water filters they could use in their homes, at work, or at school.
- Typically used to soften hard water (water containing excessive amounts of calcium and/or magnesium) by ‘trading’ minerals with a strong positive charge for those with a weaker positive charge.
- Often referred to as ‘water softeners’.
- You will find most systems of these water hardness treatment systems functioning as whole-house water filtration systems.
- These systems effectively remove calcium and magnesium (water hardness) which can build up and leave depositis in plumbing and faucet fixtures over time. Water softeners can also remove contaminants such as barium which can cause health problems in humans.
Water Testing Categories
Water Testing Blog on Twitter
Sign Up for Water & Enviro News
- Arsenic Test Kits
- Chlorine Test Kits
- Chlorine Test Kits (High Range)
- DPD Test Reagents & ReagentStrips
- Ebay Water Test Kit Store
- Multi-Parameter Water Test Kits
- Newegg Water Test Kit Store
- Pool Water Test Kits
- Radiation Detectors
- Science Projects
- SenSafe Water Test Strips
- Test Kits for Water Metals
- Water Filters – – Berkey
- Water Filters – – Multipure
- Water Filters – Countertop
- Water Filters – Crystal Quest
- Water Filters – Drinking
- Water Filters – Fluoride
- Water Filters – Refrigerator
- Water Filters – Shower
- Water Filters – Undercounter
- Water Filters – Whole House
- Water Test Kit Clearance Center
- Water Test Kit Store
- Watercheck Test Kits (NTL Labs)
- WaterSafe Test Kits
- WaterWorks Test Strips
- Well Water Test Kits
Multipure Water Filters
Once you have properly tested your drinking water and learned what quality issues may need attention, then you can begin your search for the right water treatment system to address your unique water quality concerns!