Whether listed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency as a serious health concern or just a general nuisance, most people care about only one thing: Testing for metals in drinking water and removing them ASAP!
Commonly asked about metals include…
Why the Concern Over Metals in Water?
Health officials unanimously agree that excessive exposure to dissolved metals in water can in many cases lead to serious side effects such as cancer, organ damage, impairment of the nervous system, the development of a life-threatening condition where the immune system attacks its own cells, a reduction in the growth and development of cells, joint problems/diseases, circulatory system problems, and last, but definitely not least… death.
Younger people stand to suffer the effects of exposure to metals more than adults do to their small body masses. In other words, an 8 oz glass of water containing X ppm (parts per million) of heavy metals will result in a much higher dose in a child than it will in an adult who drinks the same glass of water.
Some health officials theorize that very young children and unborn babies whose bodies develop at a rapid pace absorb the metals readily into their systems. Exposure of this nature often results in learning difficulties, damaged nervous systems, memory deficiencies, and even behavioral problems such as hyperactivity and aggressiveness.
More Information on Metals in Water:
- Lead Testing in Humans… Without Needles
- Study Links Manganese Exposure to Cancer
- Chromium in Drinking Water
- Mercury Found in Fish From All 291 US Streams & Rivers Tested
- Filters for Mercury in Drinking Water
- Copper in Drinking Water
- Information About Mercury
- Visual Test Kit for Lead in Paint
- Rust Color in Drinking Water