A while back, and then a few more times, we mentioned a gravity fed water filtration system manufactured by Doulton
I am considering the Doulton SS2 gravity fed system. I know very little about water filtration. Can you send me more literature on this system. How ofter must the filter *candle” be replaced? Can I purchase this system and replacement filters through your site?? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Features and Specifications of the Doulton SS2 “Pour-Through” Gravity Fed System:
- High Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- Requires No External Plumbing
- Compact and Easy to Operate
- Easily Converted to the SS-4, a unit which utilizes 4 ceramic filters instead of 2
- Dimensions: Assembled 8″ x 19″ / Stored 8″ x 13.5″
- Capacity: 12 GPD (with 2 filters) 24 GPD (with 4 filters)
- Upper Reservoir Holds 2.11 Gallons ( 8 liters ) Untreated Water
- Lower Reservoir Holds 2.11 Gallons (8 liters ) Treated Water
With regard to filtering capabilities, the Doulton W9361122, SS-2 Gravity Fed Water Filter reduces:
- Chlorine by 99.99%
- Cysts by 99.99%
- Organic Chemicals by 99.99%
- Parasites by 99.99%
- Particulates by 99.99%
- Pathogenic Bacteria (i.e. E. Coli, Cholera, Typhoid, etc.) by 99.99%
- Rust & Sediment by 99.99%
How often will you need to replace the filter? Quite honestly, that all has to do with the amount of contaminants contained in your source water. WE do know, however, that the ‘candle’ elements in the Doulton SS2 Water Filter can get cleaned a good number of times before they need replacing.
If you want to know more detailed information about the technologies utilized by this system, we suggest taking a look at the official Doulton USA Web Site.
Regarding your question about possibly purchasing a unit and replacement ‘candles’ through Water Testing Blog, we do not physically carry any products. We do, however, know of reputable web sites who carry Doulton products.
Why the $40 difference in cost between the two merchants? We have no idea. Both companies have excellent reputations and provide excellent service. It may have to do with shipping charges, etc., but we will leave that part for you to figure out.
And in conclusion…
We did not ask WHY you believed a Doulton SS2 Water Filter would fit your needs because we assumed you had already performed testing on your source water and uncovered a potential need for a water filtration system.
Before you invest — and yes we said invest — money in a water filter system such as the Doulton SS2 or ANY water filter, make sure the filter will do the job you need it to do.