Back in the day a lot of paint manufacturers pinched pennies by using ‘excessive’ quantities of lead in their paints. While this practice saved both the manufacturers and end users countless millions over the years, doctors and scientists have now linked exposure to lead-based paint products to elevated concentrations of lead in the blood of humans.
Example 1: Scientists and healthcare professionals speculate that some test subjects got their exposure to lead paint as children by playing with and/or eating paint chips found on the floor or on radiators and window sills.
Example 2: Scientists and healthcare professionals also speculate that others got their exposure to lead paint by working with lead-based paint products as adults.
In either case, ill effects of elevated lead levels manifested themselves in a number of test subjects so if you suspect lead paint on the walls and radiators of an old house, take a look at the Lead in Paint test.
It’s a fast, simple, and easy test which can help keep your friends and family safe from the potentially lethal effects of lead poisoning.